Crestone is nestled in the heart of the beautiful Sangre de Cristo mountain range and is home to more than 20 spiritual and retreat centers with many world religions represented. There is a Hindu Temple, Zen Center, Carmelite Monastery, multiple Tibetan Buddhist Centers, and many New Age retreats.
An outdoor playground with some of Colorado's most renowned mountain peaks. There are four local summits of over 14,000 feet, and people come from around the world to climb in the Summer and early Fall. Visitors will also find world class fishing, river rafting, skiing, multiple natural hot springs, and the Great Sand Dunes National Park all within an hour of Crestone.
The town is also adjacent to the Baca National Wildlife Preserve, an over 90,000 acre preserve with migratory birds, resident wildlife, and waterfowl. Deer will frequently wander through town, there is a significant population of elk, black bears and more.
There are roughly 125 full time residents in the town of Crestone, and an additional 2,000 in the surrounding area. The town includes an art center, gallery, cafe and live music venue, organic market, yoga studio, and several restaurants and shops. Crestone Brewing Co. is a nano brewpub with locally sourced food and craft beverages. There is truly something for everyone in Crestone!
Crestone Inn sits in the center of Downtown Crestone and truly serves as a community hub.
- There are six total 1- and 2-bedroom suites, each with spacious living area, kitchen, private bath, and front and back porches overlooking the mountains.
- The property has a community lawn out back which has been the site for many festivals over the years.
- Gift Horse Boutique is on property as well as the Crestone Thrift Shop.
- During the summer, the Inn serves as anchor for the Crestone Farmers Market.
- The Inn is walking distance to all of Downtown Crestone's art galleries, markets, cafes, restaurants and more.
- We welcome our LGBTQ friends from around the globe.
Welcome to Crestone!